Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Well that's a relief!

I got a little panicked by something I read on Katdish's website about the fact that Facebook owns the rights to everything you publish on your site. I had had a notes link to this blog. I have gone through and deleted all my former notes (and while I'm sure they have archives I could argue that the fact I deleted them indicates my changing my mind).

So then I wondered about Blogger's rights. Turns out, Blogger considers all content published on your own blog to be your own intellectual property. Whew!

So unless Facebook really wants to publish a book about my grade school years and various musings I should be safe in the event that I ever want to. Just goes to show you my Daddy was right when he said make sure you read all the fine print.

No comments: