Thursday, February 5, 2009

Random list of absurd things from my week

What a busy, bizarre week it's been. So many things crammed into each day that I ended each night so utterly spent that I couldn't think one more thought straight if you paid me.

I've rediscovered that my ability to learn things quickly and to have a little knowledge of a lot of things comes in very handy once in a while. This week, on top of all my normal mom duties, Simba had his neutering appointment and Connor came down with the nasty snotty cough-y cold that's going around. So here's a random list of bizarre things I've done or been asked to do this week...

1. Spent 2 1/2 hours sewing the 6 patches on Charlotte's Daisy Girl Scout smock because the only working iron I could find is broken and so couldn't be set on the "highest no steam" setting needed for iron on patches (which never work for me anyway)

2. Spent 1 hour hand stitching the lining back in Charlotte's winter coat where it pulled away after washing it once.

3. Dragged 3 small children and 1 cat to and from the vet's office twice because of the necessary drop off and pick up times for the appointment. Maneuvered said children all around the (amazingly) small waiting room, appointment rooms, etc. while keeping them from annoying/playing with everyone else's pets.

4. Have managed to feed us 3 dinners this week even though I needed to go to the grocery store on Monday and still haven't gotten there. Thank you McDonald's. Our tummies appreciate you even if our arteries do not.

5. Had to administer medicine to 1 small boy and 1 small cat. All baby creatures hate medicine. Getting it in them according to the instructions never goes well. Small boy does not like inhaler mask over his face to breathe stinky medicine for 10 seconds. Small cat does not like yucky pain killer meds squirted in his mouth (and now I need to wait until his next meal so I can put it in his food0.

6. Albuterol inhaler has one very strange side effect on my son. Half an hour after he takes it, it makes him a chatterbox. Seriously. This is the child who uses his words only when necessary now going around babbling like crazy - weird - wonder if the drug company know about this? Maybe I've just accidentally stumbled on the cure for children who are slow to talk?

7. Last night it was so cold here that (inside my house with the thermostat set 65F) I ended up going to sleep wearing pajama pants, sleep cami, nightshirt, hooded sweatshirt,and socks while sleeping underneath flannel sheets, thermal fleece blanket and down comforter. My husband laughed at me when I got out of bed and pulled on the hooded sweatshirt with the hood up and climbed back into bed - I didn't care - I was finally warm.

8. I just yesterday discovered how to use the italics feature. Can you tell?

9. Our little kitty might have had to come back a eunuch but he is now sporting a rad tattoo on his ear (which I'll post a pic of as soon as I figure out where DH put the camera).

10. It is still so cold here today (12F at 10AM) that my fingers are now too cold to keep typing and I must go warm them on a cup of coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ain't NO SUCH THING as a non-working Mom! :)