Friday, January 9, 2009

Running out of "up"

I'm running out of "up"
That sounds like Dr. Seuss
But really the whole problem
is my baby's on the loose.


My Junior Houdini is at it again. And now he's incorporated stealth into his antics. It used to be that I could tell what he was getting into by the noises he was making. Now, he's sneaky, he's fast, and he's QUIET. The only things truly safe from his clutches are those things that are actually locked up. Everything else he can reach, eventually.

Yesterday, he was playing upstairs - I could hear him I checked on him every few minutes, everything was fine, I thought. A few minutes later he comes toddling down the steps with his sister's antique night light in tow (it had been mine), looking for a place to plug it in. Utterly perplexed as to how he managed this feat, I went upstairs. He had taken the small chair we keep in the hall, had somehow lugged, tugged, and pushed it into his sister's room, and climbed up on it to reach the back of her dresser!

Every time he's gotten into something my first thought it to put it somewhere up high, out of his reach. Only, some things don't lend themselves to doing this (like lamps). And now, after over a year of doing this, I am running out of up. The top of every tall thing in the house is covered with objects put up to keep out of Connor's reach.

Maybe I can convince my very handy husband that storage units hanging from ceiling are the latest in high tech home fashion.... ya think?


No comments: