Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Yippee!

In the time honored tradition of Veggie Tales "Silly Songs with Larry" please sing along with me (to the tune of The Lone Ranger)

" It's a fridge, it's a fridge, it's a fridge, fridge, fridge
It's a fridge, it's a fridge, it's a fridge, fridge, fridge
It's a fridge, it's a fridge, it's a fridge, fridge, fridge
Oh, hooray! I've got a working fridge!"

I'm a little excited - can you tell?

The new refrigerator was delivered at 2:30 PM today, 1/2 an hour before they even thought they could get here. My kids went bonkers watching - they kept asking the delivery guys all these questions, running around like excited puppies underfoot. Then I had to make a frantic call to hubby to ask him how to turn the water lead back on (for the icemaker - he turned it off, but neglected to tell me where the valve was.) Turns out it was in the basement ceiling, 3 feet above my head - here's me scrambling to find something sturdy to stand on....

And - ta da! A working fridge again.....how lovely!
Now if I can just keep the kids from fighting for/overusing the water and ice dispenser on the door, we'll be in business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Loving your "Life Of Beth" series and marvelling at how we get easier to satisfy as we age...when we're 15, it's "Oh, God, What does it all mean? Arrghh!!" -but when we're 40, it's "Oh, God, Thank you, it's a fridge!" :) -Thanks for the very kind shout-out, BTW...and love and best wishes to you all on your vacation!