Friday, August 15, 2008

A quick teaser

Just in case you think I went and got lost somewhere in the wilderness, I want to touch base really quickly before I'm off and running again...

We just got back from visiting family and now we're dashing off for our "summer's last hurrah" camping trip. But, in the interim - I'd like to share what's on my reading list these days. If you're bored and need a good read one of these will do nicely. Oh, yeah - here's the teaser - I'm going to be writing at least one (or more) posts that will include ideas these books jogged in my memory.

1. Lisey's Story - by Stephen King (just finished)
2. Bag of Bones - by Stephen King (in the middle)
3. The Shack - by William P. Young (refuse to finish until we get back, read the back cover you'll see why! *Warning* - I've only just started this and recommend you read it with a grain of salt....it is *fiction* not theological fact)
4. Twilight - by Stephenie Meyer (rapidly devouring this and eager to get the next installment!)
5. War and Peace - Tolstoy (reading slowly, it's a tome)


Yes, I have very eclectic tastes. Yes, I always read more than one book at a time. The only thing unusual about this list is I am not normally a fan of horror fiction. But the first one I snitched from my husband when he borrowed it from the library. And I liked it so well I went looking for more from his collection (on his recommendation of which wouldn't be too scary for me).

Anyway, there's the list - happy reading!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I'm reading "Twilight", or planning to have it read to me, on my trip home from dropping off Jim at Tech next weekend.

Maybe we can chat about it after I'm done.

???

Beth said...

Hey, Viqui!

I just finished it and am running off to get the next installment. I'd call Stephenie Meyer the J.K. Rowling of the vampire world. I was duly impressed and now understand why all the teenage girls are crazy for Edward Cullen.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Em loves the Twilight series! Right now she and her friends are counting down the days till the movie. You'll have to talk w/her about it when you guys come visit!