Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sorry for the unexpected hiatus

We always seem to cram all our travel into August. So I've spent the past month or so doing laundry, packing, traveling, unpacking etc., etc., ad infinitum. I'm home long enough to catch up on the necessaries, but it has left my thoughts very scattered. School starts for 3 of my family next week (2 of the kids and my husband) so at that point life will resume (whatever passes for) normalcy around here.

An update on the reading list - I really recommend the Twilight series. I'm now 3/4 of the way through the 2nd one (New Moon) and picked up the last two in anticipation. I've been warned that the 4th book drops the ball a bit, but I'll let you know when I get that far.

I got a bit sidetracked when I went to the library - I can never seem to drop books off and leave without something else. I picked up "God, A Brief History" because I wanted to learn more about world religions. My friend Amy is in Japan right now, so I'm studying a bit of Japanese culture. And on the way out the door I discovered one of my favorite authors just released a new one - "The Third Circle" by Amanda Quick. She writes historical romantic suspense, very nice end of summer reading so far...

Hopefully a few days after we get back I'll be able to gather up my scattered wits and pick up with Chapter 8.

No comments: