Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Somebody unplug my computer...

so I can go to sleep! I have to say, in my defense, your honor - it's D's fault. She's the one who said I HAD to get on Facebook and have a blog. So for the past hour or so I've had my eyes glued to my computer screen - playing with fun Facebook applications and browsing for funny blogs to read.

Let's see - I spent at least an hour trying to figure out how 2 of the applications worked (after finding some kind soul who wrote a tutorial, I figured out one, and partially figured out the other). And then I went looking specifically for funny mom blogs. Don't ask me why, but reading about the ups and downs of other moms out there (even though I don't know them personally) is a very comforting thing.

And now I am writing when I should be sleeping. I guess my brain figures it deserves a break after yesterday's massive sorting session (and you thought sorting was a mindless task, ha ha!). Actually we did other very necessary work today - we went to Stuff Mart to look at some form of containers or storage to hold the things I sorted.

I keep saying it and it's true - the person who built our townhouse obviously expected people who travel very lightly through life to live here. Each of our 3 bedrooms has one (count it, one) SMALL closet. Oh, and World's Skinniest Linen Closet lives behind our bedroom door. And that... is IT. Obviously the home builder expected that the person residing in each bedroom would have a personal shopper who made sure that only perfectly matched, timeless, color-coordinated clothing would be stored in the closet. That's about the only way that space would be enough. One week's worth of outfits x four seasons. Oh, and since we have 3 kids, the boys share a room - and that one tiny closet.

Since we plan to be in this house for some time yet, my husband and I have been brainstorming the best, most efficient way to utilize the space we have. Eventually we'll come to a workable solution, but in the meantime - I am (quite literally) up to my ears in the stacks and piles of every age and stage clothing. With each piece of clothing figuring out who outgrew it, who will grow into it, are we done with it completely, is it school or play clothing, and what season is it? Aaaaaargh!

This doesn't even include those mysterious pieces like odd socks and shoes and gloves and hats that had gloves but you don't know where they went. It's almost enough to make me want to go back to the day when people only *had* 2 or 3 outfits - 1 or 2 for everyday and 1 for Sunday best.

Well, it's really time for me to go to bed now - cause I need to get up early and start it all again!

2 comments:

Perky Gramma Teaches said...

Hey wait...I only take 90% of the responsibility...
Viqui is the one who told both of us to blog...

Beth said...

Hmmm...you're right. Okay, it's %10 Viqui's fault - but I must say I really don't mind (except when I should be sleeping instead lol!)