Wednesday, November 19, 2008

An experiment

I'd like to try a little experiment and see how it goes. You may have noticed I've been a bit lax in posting lately. It's not for lack of ideas or want of writing. It's just that the "sensible" part of me says that blogging is an extra, not a necessary in my life. Only I've noticed over the past few weeks that I've had this almost constant mental friction - a spiritual itch, a soul deep angst - overlaying everything I do and think.

I've been pondering this and I think I've reached a conclusion. I wonder if my angst is nothing more or less than the frustrated Muse within. All my life I've had (and needed) some sort of artistic outlet. For most of my life, the main outlet was singing or playing an instrument. but right now the circumstances of my life work against the idea of being in some sort of ensemble. I have noticed also that the weeks that I have been able to blog a lot (sounds like a new knight at the round table - Sir Blogs a Lot) that I haven't had that constant mental itch in the back of my head.

So - here's the experiment. I'm going to make a point to post on this blog every weekday (for starters at least; weekend posts are always erratic because a lot depends on my church activity schedule.) I'm going to attempt to put a gag on the Editor who likes to sit on my shoulder. I'll try to not worry about whether my ideas are too silly or not profound enough to print. And we'll see what comes of it.

Incidentally, I will pick up my Life of Beth series again, but I think I'll need to do shorter chapters. The ones I've been posting have each taken an hour or more, and that's part of what 's been standing in my way.

So - look for me here tomorrow, who knows what the Muse will have to say for herself...

No comments: