Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Some things I've been pondering...

Wow. It's been a long time since I posted. The funny thing is, I've had *lots* of blog posts swirling around in my head, but not the uninterrupted time or the brain power to actually type them up. Okay, so partly to remind myself, and partly to let y'all know that I've had lots of cool topics I've been chewing on the last week or so - here's a list. In no particular order, I have been pondering....

1. The interesting trend I've noticed in churches all over America - where it appears to me that God is calling His true church out of the "church proper" to come farther up and farther in, to seek His face, to reconnect with each other and our brothers and sisters across the world - using as many different, creative means as possible (especially blogging and the internet).

2. The fact that several mainstream fiction writers I've lately been reading (whose stories have supernatural elements) speak to my heart more than many Christian authors.

3. Whether the American church has completely missed the point of the gospel and is just running around looking busy.

4. Is America coming under God's judgment for setting Him aside in pursuit of the Almighty Dollar, or is this just our economy experiencing its own self-correction? (Please, no hate mail - but surely I'm not the only Christian in America who's wondered this)

5. Why does my daily life never seem to measure up to what I read about in my Bible about the early church? Have I missed something, and if so, how do I find it?

6. How do I balance caring for my children's souls, and caring for the environment (the house) they live in - especially when it seems there's barely enough time for one, let alone both, of those pursuits?

So now I'll just flip a coin and pick one of those to expound on...

No comments: