Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sometimes ya just gotta give up and go swimming

"We're havin' a heat wave.... a tropical heat wave...."

My dad used to sing that whenever it got hot like it is today - 102 degrees F or so they predicted earlier. Felt like it too. I promised I wouldn't complain about the heat after such a frigid snowy winter, but yikes.... over 95F and I head for anything air conditioned. Hibernated inside and washed and folded laundry most of the afternoon in preparation for visiting all the grandparents later in the week. Worked pretty well until about 4:30PM when I started drooping over the clothing despite the music blaring on the boombox.

We'd planned for Brian to take the kids to the pool to get them out of my hair so I could work on packing. (Did ourselves a *big* favor and bought season passes to the local kiddie water park - *best* idea ever thank you Melanie!) Except.... even inside it felt like my brain was frying. So, I gave up and went too.

Yeah, much better than falling asleep over the laundry.....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Awesome! I will be there tomorrow! It is such a sanity saver...

Anonymous said...

hmmm...swimming with family...laundry by oneself. swimming with family...laundry by oneself. sounds like you definitely chose the better part!