Monday, July 5, 2010

Blogging incentive

It's funny how you can put up with something for so long that you don't realize how bad it was until it changes. In the case of my unexpected blog silence - a working keyboard makes *all* the difference in the world.

In our household, there are very few thing purchased new. With the exception of appliances and audiovisual gear, even our computer stuff tends to be bought on ebay. Except that we've recently run through our stock of leftover monitors, keyboards, computer mice (is the plural of computer mouse, mice?) etc. So I've found myself attempting to type on an old, coffee spilled, crumbed up, keys-getting-stuck ancient keyboard that could have powered someone's old Commodore 64 for all I know. The kind that clacks as you type - grrr.

This afternoon my husband came in from running errands, handed me a bag from the Apple store and said "Happy belated Birthday!" Inside? A brand spanking new keyboard..... wow. Oh, and it's so quick and quiet and unobtrusive. I can finally type at the speed of my thoughts again - without sounding like an old manual typewriter (which, incidentally still would have been easier that the old broken down keyboard).

So....now I just need to gather all the thoughts that had been skittering around in my brain for the last two months.....

No comments: