Wednesday, December 3, 2008

This wasn't covered in my Mom Manual....

There is a lot in the average day of the average mom that borders on the absurd. Those things and events which are completely out of our control which either make you want to laugh or cry (sometimes both).

No matter how a mom tries to plan her day, these absurd things insist on happening. While I was sitting at my keyboard typing up that last post and preparing to go run a few errands, I noticed it had suddenly become very quiet upstairs. Not quite daring to believe my little guy had actually given up and fallen asleep, I opened the door to check on him. Opening the door gently so as not to wake him, a couple inches across the floor the door goes "bonk" on something in its path. Hmm, Connor must have pushed the stool in front of the door again. I look down. And just around the corner of the door I see a tuft of blond hair. Oh.....dear. Connor didn't push an object in front of the door. He plunked HIMSELF in front of the door - and then fell asleep. This is not covered in any of the parenting books. I can't reach far enough around the door the roll him out of the way, and I hate to wake him up if he's that tired. Guess I'm not supposed to run errands today.

No comments: