Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Well, I really should....

....do an awful lot of things, but right now I just don't feel like it.

I should:

1. Go to the grocery store and pick up a bunch of dinner stuff for the week, but I do have one emergency backup meal left in the house.

2. Drive over to the post office and mail the property tax payments (a lovely little thing we have in VA, one on each car), but the lady I called today said as long as they're postmarked by the 6th, I'm good - and it's so much easier for hubby to take it on his way to work.

3. Write an e-mail to my son's teacher unravelling the mystery of why he thought it would be a good idea to start mixing containers of paint together during her explanation of the day's project (understanding the mind of a child with autism is a constant challenge).

4. Do about a bazillion loads of laundry (well, it feels that way).

5. Unload and reload the dishwasher so I don't have to do it while trying to simultaneously help my son with his homework, keep his sister from bugging him, and keeping his little brother from "helping" me.

6. Work on sorting the summer clothes out of the kids' dressers so I don't have to keep jamming the clothes they're actually wearing in on top of the shorts and stuff.

But the sky just darkened, and a storm is rolling in, and my energy just drained out onto the floor, and I have to go to the bus stop in an hour to pick up the kids and maybe it's okay for mommy to take a break.

No comments: