Saturday, October 24, 2009

i need to start thinking in sound bytes

Since it's obviously too much trouble for me to actually finish a whole post, perhaps I should do like the media does - hit you with sound bytes.

Then you would know that while you've been seeing nothing but blog-silence my mind has been busily pondering...

- the fact that most of my daily jobs as a mom have nothing whatsoever to do with the 17 years of schooling I spent preparing for my life

- that having a special needs child impacts the whole family every day in ways I forget about until talking with moms of "normal" kids

- the amusing differences between Girl Scout and Boy Scout meetings

- the sea change going on in America's churches

- the fact that safety is really an illusion

- why it is that even though I'm married with kids I still react inside like the shy nervous teenager I was when flung into a new social situation

And maybe, just maybe - I'll have a chance to expand on one of those in the near future. But right now it's Conference Day at my kids' school so I must get ready to go discuss Important Things.

No comments: